- Ø Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering.
- Ø Search engine optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.Ø SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
What is SEO ?
- Ø Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website on organic (“natural” or un-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs), by incorporating search engine friendly elements into a website.
Why is SEO important?
Ø In today’s competitive market SEO is more important than ever. Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. If you have a web site, blog or online store, SEO can help your business grow and meet the business objectives.
Search engine optimization is essential because:
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- User’s trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is also good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is also important for the smooth running of a big web site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
What are the main stages of the Search Engine Optimization process?
SEO is not a static process but rather a framework with rules and processes. For simplicity though SEO can be broken down into 2 main stages:
ü On-site SEO: What rules to apply on your site to make it search engine friendly.
ü Off-site SEO: How to promote your web site or blog so that it can rank better in search results.
- Ø In my search engine optimization tips for beginners article I have explained with examples the 15 most important rules for on-site SEO. These are simple tweaks you can do to your web site and increase your search engine visibility.
- Ø In addition to the above guidelines the structure of a web site is also very important for SEO purposes. In my article: the importance of web site structure for an SEO optimized web site you can read about the essential components of an optimised web site.
- Ø Besides the changes you can do to your web site (on-site SEO) so that it ranks higher in the SERPs, the other way to improve your web site’s ranking position is by using off-site SEO techniques.
- Ø Off-site SEO is generally known as link building but I prefer to use the term web site promotion since a proper way to promote a web site involves much more methods and techniques than building links.
What is the difference of SEO and Internet marketing?
Ø Some people often ask me “Is SEO the same as Internet Marketing?” The simplest answer I can give is that SEO is one of the tools available in your Internet Marketing arsenal. It is not Internet Marketing as such but it can be part of your overall Internet Marketing campaign which normally includes other things like social media promotion, content strategy etc.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services:
Website SEO Audit
A search engine optimization audit can come in a varying levels of detail and complexity. A simple website audit can be as short as a few pages long, and would address glaring on-page issues such as missing titles, and lack of content.
SEO Content Writing
SEO content writing is somewhat of a misnomer–it really should be replaced with high quality and well researched content writing.
SEO content writing as a service can be useful, if shortcuts are not taken, and the content is not expected to perform magic.
Code optimization is a service you can expect at the highest levels of search engine optimization services, as it involves an overhaul of your website HTML.